About This Page
This page is a bit different than the rest of Explore-North-Ga.com, but I feel it may be very beneficial to a lot of you, as a similar page was very beneficial to me, and helped me with the (progressing) development of this very website.
What My Goals Are
- Share experiences such as camping, fishing, hiking, kayaking, trail running, etc.
- Share photos of said experiences, so that you can get a good idea of what you’re getting into if you decide to check the same places out.
- Give any advice possible when planning out a trip.
- Recommend products (or tell you which ones aren’t so great)
- Provide a good image of what North Georgia has to offer, and how to get to some amazing places.
How I’ve Achieved My Goals
For a while now I’ve been searching for a way to best share my adventures with the world outside of my scope of friends. I’ve tried Instagram, facebook, and small free blogs, but nothing seemed to get the word out, and no one seemed to visit my pages other than those close friends. Although close friends are among the most important people in life, I wanted the world to see. I decided that a website would be my best option. I could combine all of my social media, blogs, and photos together in one website. That raises another issue though.. how in the world do I make a website?
I did a bit of research to find my best and most affordable option, and found out that people make money by having blogs, simply by posting what they normally post, just adding a few links to products in their posts. Well seeing as this is an outdoor blog, there’s tons of products that I use on every trip that I can post links to. But how does all of this work, and how do I make a website that can make me money?
This type of marketing is called affiliate marketing, and I had no idea how it worked. I did a good bit of research about it and found TONS of websites that offered training for it. They all had one thing in common though, they all seemed like “get rich quick” schemes, and they would all cost thousands in the long run, with no guarantee that they would work or be worth the money that you spent.
Through a lot of research I found a website called WealthyAffiliate.com that offered literally everything that I was looking for.
Why I Chose Wealthy Affiliate
As you read in the last section I found this website, WealtyAffiliate.com, that offered everything that I was looking for. Here’s why I chose WealthyAfiiliate followed by a comparison to a free membership and a paid membership.
- Training (that include videos) on almost any topic that you can think of with forums that you can ask questions/give advice on.
- Community support. Even if unrelated to a training, you can still ask any question you need to. I’ve asked tons of questions and always gotten several responses within hours
- Website hosting. WealthyAffiliate offers website hosting (premium) through SiteRubix. WealthyAffilate will host up to 50 websites on your premium account, 25 with your own domain (domain.com) and 25 SiteRubix websites (domain.siterubix.com)
- (Domain names are hosted on WordPress, SiteRubix helps you build your website)
- Keyword research tools
- Website analysis on websites that you create including advice to improve your site and drive more traffic.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is very simple, yet complex at the same time. Basically the point in affiliate marketing is to sell someone else’s product without ever physically dealing with the product.
Example, if you chose to be an affiliate of Amazon.com, your goal is to drive traffic to Amazon.com, and once you get someone there, you get a commission on whatever that person buys. Any affiliate program that you join you will sign up for an account with that company (or through an affiliate network that that specific company has a contract with) and you get unique links to products that tell that company that you are the person that got traffic to their site. This is how you gain your commissions.
Free Membership or Premium?
I hope that this article has been at least informative if anything, I encourage you to sign up for a free account at least to see what it’s all about. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on the home page scroll to the bottom to the contact form.
Below is the comparison between the free and premium accounts! Both are excellent choices!